1 Chioggia beet
2 white beets, peeled and cut in wedges
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
Salt, to taste
4–6 pickled rosehips or marinated figs
50 ml summer schnapps or 30 ml elderflower cordial
200 g fresh goat cheese (chèvre)
Marigolds and rose petals
- Slice the Chioggia very thin using a slicing mandolin and put in ice-cold water.
- Fry the white beet wedges in rapeseed oil on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes – the beets should be al dente. Salt to taste,
- Add pickled rosehips and summer schnapps or elderflower cordial. If using alcohol, flambé (be cautious with the flames).
- Serve the warm beets and rosehips with large pieces of goat cheese and sliced Chioggia.
- Garnish with edible flowers, for example marigolds and rose petals.