700 g venison tenderloin
300 g fresh chanterelles
3 tbsp butter
2 spring onions, cut into chunks
50 ml dry white wine
150 ml heavy cream
150 g pointed head cabbage
Salt, to taste
150 ml fresh blueberries
Beach mustard, wild garlic seeds, goosefoot
- Preheat the oven to 120/C248F/Gas 1.
- Sear the meat in a hot pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Salt to taste. Remove the meat from the pan and continue to cook until medium rare – when temperature reading reaches 54C. Allow the meat to rest before serving.
- Clean the chanterelles and fry in the remaining butter for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the spring onion, the white wine and the cream. Tear the cabbage leaves into big pieces and add to the Allow to cook until the cream has thickened. Salt to taste.
- Slice the meat and serve with the creamed chanterelles and cabbage. Garnish with blue berries and wild herbs