200 g Jerusalem artichoke, peeled and chopped
200 g Shitake mushrooms – save some for the salad
1 white onion, chopped
1 cove of garlic, chopped
1 twig of thyme, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1tbsp rapeseed oil, you may also use olive oil
1000 ml chicken stock
100 ml white wine
- In a pot, soften Jerusalem artichokes, mushrooms, onion and garlic together with the thyme in butter and oil.
- Add chicken stock and white wine and cook until all vegetables are soft. Blitz the soup until smooth.
- Keep warm until serving.
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
Lichen, deep-fried – optional
½ red onion thinly sliced
100 g fries lettuce
100 g cured and smoked breast of Rock Ptarmigan, thinly sliced
- In a bowl combine honey, vinegar and oil to make the dressing.
- In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients to make the salad.
- Add the dressing and combine.
Serve the soup with the salad on the side.