For the falafel
500 g chickpeas, soaked over night
400 g fresh chanterelles
1 garlic clove
100 g broad leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the dressing
100 ml crème fraiche
50 ml hot and sweet mustard
Flat breads or pita
Baby gem or romaine lettuce
4 thin spring onions
150 g pickled beetroot
- Fry the chanterelles in two tablespoons oil. Salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a food blender, mix together half of the chanterelles, chickpeas, garlic and parsley. Salt, to taste.
- Use two tablespoons to form the mixture into balls. Fry in hot oil 180C until golden brown in color. Use extreme caution when you deep-fry! Do not leave unattended.
- In a bowl, combine crème fraiche and mustard to make the dressing.
- Place 5–6 falafel, lettuce, onion, chanterelles and beetroots on a piece of bread. Put on some dressing and roll into a roll. Enjoy!